Calendars provide a visual representation of a month or year, and are helpful for making note of appointments or events on specific days.
Calendars help organize daily life by serving as a reminder for all upcoming events. They can be used in almost any situation, whether personal, family-related, or corporate.
- Determine the purpose. Decide if it will be a personal calendar or a public one for a business, classroom, home, etc. Also decide on a time frame; yearly calendars, monthly calendars, and weekly calendars are the most typical.
- Create a template. Create a grid containing the necessary rows and columns as appropriate for the chosen time frame. For a monthly calendar it is best to use seven columns by five rows.
- Label. Label the weekdays, dates, months, year, etc.
- Add standard occurrences and holidays. Although not necessary, it can be quite helpful to add national or worldwide holidays, phases of the moon, and/or daylight savings schedules.
- Personalize. Add clip art or themed accents as desired and then proceed to fill in appointments and personal schedule.