Flyers are a means of spreading information in a simplistic, cost-efficient manner. Flyers should include the information needed to advertise the topic, as well as enticing and eye-catching images. In general, a small amount of text, only enough to convey the point and give information, is placed on the Flyer.
Flyers are useful on a corporate level, whether for large businesses or small organizations, as well as on an individual level. They can be used to advertise anything from new products, to company events, to office meetings.
- Identify the purpose. Determine what announcement the flyer should make.
- Develop a plan. If an event is being promoted, finalize all of the details regarding it, including time and location. If it is a product or anything else, organize what must be said about it. Decide on a name for the event or product and brainstorm ideas on how to best advertise for it.
- Information. Begin by putting a main statement on the flyer. Then add any other supporting details, such as time, location, and any other important points, beneath that. Also include the sponsoring organization.
- Customize. Add visual appeal by placing borders, clip art, pictures, company logos, etc. on the flyer. This is meant to catch the eye of passerby and generate interest in what is being advertised and in the organization.
- Distribute. Print out as many flyers as predicted necessary. In order to spread the word, they can be mailed to people who would be interested, handed out to passersby, or posted on bulletins and windows. Depending on what is being advertised, it is often most helpful to do some sort of combination of the aforementioned three methods of distribution.