What is a Form?
Forms are a means of organizing and requesting information. Forms are helpful and time-saving when doing the same thing, or filling out the same information more than once.
Forms can be used in almost any business, organization, or company. They are useful because they serve as a template for gathering or sharing information. Forms also have many personal and household uses.
How to Create a Customized Form
- Identify the purpose of the form. The purpose of the form will drive the type of information it will have to collect.
- Title. Place a functional title identifying what the form is used for at the top of the form.
- General information. Create spaces requesting general information such as name, address, and account information. This is typically the first set of information listed on a form.
- Filing system. There should also be a space near the top of the form (typically a corner) for the date and a filing number or other identifier, so the forms can be filed in an organized fashion.
- Request information. There are many different ways to get information. You can ask a question, followed by space for an answer. You can also list answers in the form of multiple choices with checkboxes. If you need to collect a large amount of data in an organized way, use a table.
- Store and use. Distribute the finished form as desired. Make sure your forms are organized so that they are easily located and accessed. You may want to keep a master copy separate so that more can be printed when needed.
SmartDraw includes specialized templates for virtually every type of business form. Just open the one you need and add your company's information. You can even include your logo.
How to Customize Your Form
SmartDraw makes it easy to create a totally custom form in just a few minutes. Start with the blank form template. Common form components are loaded into the SmartPanel. Simply select what you need and stamp it onto your form.
Easily add a table
Then finish your form by adding your company's logo.
Choose from more than 230 different form templates in these categories:
- Accounting & Finance
- Business Forms
- Employment Forms
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Order Forms
- Proposals & Estimates
- Quality Management
- Sales Receipts
- Shipping & Receiving
Here are two templates you can edit online right now.
Browse SmartDraw's entire collection of form examples and templates