Avoid these common project planning mistakes
- Broad, badly defined tasks that are never broken down to see what is actually involved
- Incorrectly estimating the time to completion and resources required
- Not measuring the progress of the tasks and inability to hold team members accountable for meeting deadlines
Four keys to successful project planning:
- Break down tasks to appropriate levels of detail
- Develop a schedule with measurable milestones
- Allocate resources and hold team members accountable
- Measure progress
Top reasons SmartDraw is so easy for anyone involved in project planning
- View Your Project Chart as a Mind Map
You can convert any project chart to a mind map in a single click. Use the mind map view to run a meeting or brainstorm everything that needs to get done.
- Intelligent Formatting
Click simple commands and SmartDraw builds your project plan for you, automatically. Add or remove tasks, change start or end dates, and SmartDraw realigns and arranges all the elements so that everything looks great.
- Quick-Start Templates
Dozens of professionally-designed project planning examples for common projects make you instantly productive. Simply choose the template that is most similar to your project, and customize it to suit your needs.
- Free Support
Have a question? Call or email us. SmartDraw experts are standing by ready to help, for free!
Smart Integration with Trello® and More
You can take any task in SmartDraw and convert it into a card on your team's Trello® board with SmartDraw's powerful Trello integration. It's built-in accountability.
If you need to show your project in a report or presentation, you can share your project plan in a variety of common graphics formats, as a PDF, or export them to any Office® or G Suite® application in a few clicks.
Examples of Project Planning Visuals:
SmartDraw has a number of built-in templates and examples to help you plan your first project. See how easy it is to get started by signing up for a trial today.