The free SmartDraw Connector for Jira lets you connect to your existing SmartDraw account and access and attach any existing diagrams to your Jira issues.
You can use the same diagram for multiple issues and when the original is updated, all copies
will be updated automatically. Easily extend the power of your existing SmartDraw account to collaborating in Jira.
The benefits of SmartDraw's Connector for Jira:
1. Have your Site Admin install the SmartDraw Connector into your instance of Jira from the Marketplace.
2. In Jira, you can now select an issue and click on the "SmartDraw Connector" icon.
Alternatively, you can choose "SmartDraw Connector" from the More menu symbolized by three dots in the upper right corner of the issue.
You can now add a diagram to your issues, by clicking on the Add Diagram button which will launch SmartDraw.
3. Login to your existing SmartDraw account. If you have an account through SSO like Okta, you may want to
login prior to launching SmartDraw from Jira.
4. Pick a diagram you already created to attach to your issues or pick a new template to create a new diagram. Once you're ready to attach your diagram to the issue, click Save to Jira.
You'll see your diagram attached as a file with a small preview.
5. To update or edit any attached diagram, click the edit icon next to the attachment to launch SmartDraw again and make changes.
If you don't have a SmartDraw account yet, we have a SmartDraw app for Jira that will let you create enterprise-grade diagrams using your Atlassian credentials that are stored as attachments on Atlassian's servers, not SmartDraw's. This app will also let you batch import any Gliffy diagrams you currently have.
This app can be bought by your administrator on the Atlassian marketplace. Learn more here.
©1994-2021 SmartDraw, LLC