You'll probably be exporting your data from a third-party software. Make sure to export it as a CSV.
You can open the file in Excel® to make sure it's formatted correctly.
Here's how you'd build a data chart if you were making it from scratch.
- Label the columns in an Excel spreadsheet "Title", "Manager" and "Name" and so on. Labels are just for your information. They will be ignored during the import.
- In the first row under the title enter the title of the job at the top of the chart. If this is the CEO, type "CEO".
- The top position has no manager so leave that column blank.
- Enter the name of the person who holds the CEO position in the "name" column.
- Repeat this for the second person, but in the "manager" column, enter the title of this person's manager. For example the COO reports to the CEO. Continue this process until you've added everyone from your organization.
In addition to title and name, your data file can also contain phone numbers, email addresses, links to bios, and more. Every line of data will be appended to the shape representing that person.