Seating Chart Software
An Example Seating Chart
Create a seating chart and seating plans like this for your next event using SmartDraw.
Seating Chart Tips
- You need 3 feet per person to sit comfortably.
- You can have assigned seating two ways: assign people to a specific table but let them choose their seat or assign them specific seats by putting their place cards at each seat.
- Give each table a name or number.
- Seat couples next to each other on circular tables and opposite from each other on long tables.
- Make sure to leave enough room—48" preferred, and 36" as a bare minimum—between tables for people to walk to the bathroom or for servers to move around.
- Round tables are easiest for servers to move around and they maximize guest interaction.
- Chair backs should be about 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Make sure to leave room for any event specific items such as a buffet table, the head table, check-in table, plants, props, DJ stand, lectern, and projector screen as applicable.
In need of a tool for making a seating chart? SmartDraw is easy to use and it runs on any device. Plus, it works with the programs you already use. Learn More