Patent Drawing with the Help of Templates
SmartDraw is easy-to-use patent drawing software that costs a fraction of what you'll pay for a traditional CAD program. Easily create professional-quality flowcharts, engineering & CAD diagrams, and many other visuals used for patent drawing.
SmartDraw is the only program available that combines automated diagramming with built-in professional templates. Anyone—novice or expert—can make drawings or diagrams of any kind in minutes.
But SmartDraw diagrams are more than just easy to create. SmartDraw also gives you a presentation-quality finish, automatically. Get a professional-looking patent drawing without paying thousands for a CAD program.
Patent Drawing Features and Tools
- Arrows and Lines
Draw virtually any type of line—straight, curved, or polygon—you want. Change line width, color, and add arrowheads with a click. This is a great way to add waveforms.
- Shapes and Symbols
Select from a set of standard geometric shapes like rectangles, diamonds, and trapezoids or delve into our extensive library of thousands of symbols and images across a wide range of categories.
Use rulers with pre-set scales in US/Imperial or Metric standards of measure. Click and drag to the dimension you want, or type the dimension into the line.
More Reasons Why SmartDraw is the Best Drawing Software for Illustrating Patent Applications
- Works on any device with an internet connection
- Thousands of templates and examples
- An enormous library of symbols to drag-and-drop or stamp onto your canvas
- Automated drawing makes creation and editing of flow diagrams fast and easy
- Integrates with your MS Office® programs—insert your patent drawing into a Word®, Excel®, or PowerPoint® file with one click
- You and your team can work on the same patent drawing using SmartDraw Cloud, or your favorite file sharing apps like Dropbox®, Google Drive™ or OneDrive®. You can also share files with non SmartDraw users by simply emailing them a link.
- Free support—even for trial users. Just call or email—our team of trained specialists is ready to help you create your diagram
Examples of Diagrams Useful for Patent Drawing
Many different types of diagrams may be used to create a patent drawing. Flowcharts, electrical diagrams, web design diagrams, and others provide automated features that let you build a drawing quickly. Or select a manual diagram to use SmartDraw in much the same way you would a CAD program.