SmartDraw was first introduced for Atlassian Confluence Cloud earlier this year. Now SmartDraw is available as an Atlassian verified app for both Confluence and Jira, on both Cloud and Server.
SmartDraw is the only enterprise-grade diagramming app that helps you attach diagrams to pages and issues and helps you collaborate with your team. Plus, you can import both Visio® and Gliffy® files to help transition from any out-of-date standards.
Even if you're a current SmartDraw user, you will need to get the SmartDraw app from the Atlassian marketplace either for Confluence or Jira.
You don't need a SmartDraw license to use the app, but if you are a SmartDraw user, you can also import any existing SmartDraw files you created by linking to your account. You can also create new diagrams right inside Confluence or Jira.
1. Have your Site Admin install the app into your instance of Confluence from the Marketplace.
2. In Confluence, this adds a "SmartDraw Diagram" item to the Insert menu in editing mode.
3. Using this command opens SmartDraw inside Confluence. Pick a diagram template to create a new diagram.
4. You can import any of your existing diagrams by linking your SmartDraw paid account using the "Link to SmartDraw Account" command in the template dialog.
You can also import any SmartDraw diagrams stored in third party file storage services like DropBox®, OneDrive®, and GoogleDrive™.
5. You can also use the SmartDraw app to import Visio® or Gliffy® files into Confluence.
6. Any new diagrams you create using the SmartDraw app are all stored inside your Confluence page as attachments not in your SmartDraw account. Anyone who has access to the page in Confluence can see or edit your diagram based on their Confluence permissions. You don't have to explicitly share diagrams separately with them using SmartDraw.
7. Need to update your diagram? Simply edit the Confluence page, then double-click on the SmartDraw diagram. When you are done making changes, click Update Diagram to save a new version of the attachment.
8. In View mode, clicking on a SmartDraw diagram opens it for viewing. Users can scroll, zoom, change pages and click on hyperlinks.
If you use Confluence, get the new SmartDraw app now. It's the only enterprise-grade diagramming solution for Confluence.
1. Have your Site Admin install the app into your instance of Jira from the Marketplace.
2. In Jira, you can now select an issue and choose "SmartDraw Diagram" from the More menu symbolized by three dots in the upper right corner of the issue.
3. Using this command opens SmartDraw inside Jira. Pick a diagram template to create a new diagram, import an existing diagram from your linked account, or import a Visio®, or Gliffy® file.
6. Any new diagrams you create using the SmartDraw app are all stored inside your Jira issue as attachments not in your SmartDraw account. Anyone who has access to the issue in Jira can see or edit your diagram based on their Jira permissions. You don't have to explicitly share diagrams separately with them using SmartDraw.
7. To update any attached diagram, just launch "SmartDraw Diagram" again and you'll see a list of diagrams attached to your issue. Select the one you want to edit and make your changes. When you are done, click "Update Saved Diagram" to save a new version of the attachment.
If you use Jira, get the new SmartDraw app now. It's the only enterprise-grade diagramming solution for Jira.
©1994-2018 SmartDraw, LLC