How to Write Your Own Hosted Server Extension for SmartDraw
A server hosted extension consists of:
- A custom app written in Java, C# or the language of your choice that processes external data and generates a VisualScript description of the visualization you want.
- A web app that appears in an iframe that is shown when a user clicks on your extensions icon in the Extensions category in the SmartDraw Template dialog. This app:
- Presents a user interface to the SmartDraw user
- Passes any user input to the custom app and initiates a build of the VisualScript markup for the desired diagram
- Returns the resulting VisualScript file to the SmartDraw app for rendering as a document
- An icon that appears in the Extensions category of the SmartDraw Template dialog that runs the extension.